October 23, 2004

Twenty One Miles!

I just finished a twenty one-mile run on Sligo Creek Trail. This is the farthest I've run in my entire life! I'm training for the Richmond Marathon on Nov. 13th. Jen ran out to the store for a couple bags of ice for a nice ice bath.

Posted October 23, 2004 2:01 PM
Comments

Dave - I don't run. I don't jog. But I do blog. So welcome to the blogging world. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, wanderings, and other stuff.

Posted by: will at October 23, 2004 2:57 PM

Running is stupid! Ice baths are for sissies and polar bear lovers!

(Hey Dave, I hear that if you can get some controversy going in your comments, it really helps drive up your hits. I actually think running is cool and ice baths, well, that's just weird - but you are still the man!)

Posted by: Ray at October 23, 2004 6:29 PM

Welcome--I hope you enjoy it.

Posted by: John Sloas at October 24, 2004 1:40 AM

Dave---- 21 freakin miles???.... wow, i am thouroughly impressed. Cant wait to see you in richmond for your race!

Posted by: Jorge at October 24, 2004 9:09 AM

and that's farther than I've have ever run my whole lifetime!! :) welcome to the online world, Dave! You'll have to swing by sometime to see our new baby in the family -- the iMac G5!

Posted by: djchuang at October 24, 2004 10:09 AM

Dave..I am so proud of you!!!Oh dear, I do not know how people run so far!..I wish I could see you run in Richmond. Will that ice wash thing lower your "you-know-what count"...if so, stop it immediately!!! because remember, when you are old,you won't care if how many marathons you ran, but you'll want many children by your side!! Love you always!!

Posted by: YF&MILGH at October 24, 2004 12:03 PM

way to go! i'm training to walk the Rock and Roll Marathon in Arizona on January 9th! I *only* did 10 miles yesterday!

welcome to blogland!

Posted by: deb at October 24, 2004 5:18 PM

21 miles. So you could pretty much...escape. If you really wanted to, I mean. Not that you would.

I never thought about running in that light before. Hmmmm.

Welcome to blog world. I've tried to pitch the idea to my husband, but he refuses. (And he has a point - I see little enough of him now.)

Posted by: betsy at October 24, 2004 5:54 PM

Hmmm. Running 21 miles; ice baths; There is a theme there. Don't forget to start tapering now for Richmond.

Posted by: tom at October 25, 2004 2:11 PM